Anyone who has cared for a senior loved one knows there are good days, great days, and not-so-great days. Depending on the health and vitality of your person, caregiving can be a very demanding responsibility, one that can leave a caregiver feeling overwhelmed and ill-prepared. When that happens, it’s important to realize you are not alone. Senior placement advisors, like those at Senior Care Authority, can help you create a plan that not only meets the needs of your loved one but also allows you the time you need and deserve to take care of yourself. Here are some of the ways we can help.
An Industry Leader
Senior Care Authority is a recognized leader in senior living options and eldercare consulting services. Our certified advisors will help you sort through and understand all your options in a compassionate and knowledgeable way. We always take the time to get to know a family’s unique situation to come up with personalized, thoughtful guidance and support for every step of the journey. Below are some of the important services we can provide to you and your family:
- Placement Assistance: Our Certified Senior Advisors have extensive knowledge and experience navigating all facets of senior living, from independent living to assisted living and memory care communities. We help you inspect locations, discuss options, choose the right set of circumstances for your loved one, fill out paperwork, and make sure all your questions get answered.
- Eldercare Consulting: Sometimes families need help with challenging transitions, difficult decision-making, and navigating a complex healthcare system. Our seasoned experts can facilitate essential conversations between family members, help you locate a skilled nursing facility, decide on in-home care management or caregiver selection, and much more.
- Advocacy: An advocate can be a good ally to have, especially when things get complicated. Navigating the healthcare system can leave families overwhelmed and confused, but as your advocate, we do our best to ensure that everyone understands the information being dispensed and that your questions are answered thoroughly and appropriately.
- Family Coaching: Each family has its own dynamic, and sometimes a third party who is outside the emotional landscape of that family can be of great benefit. A coach can help make sure everyone is heard and seen and treated fairly, even if there’s no consensus, and can help your family find common ground so that resolutions are more easily reached.
When Assisted Living Makes Sense
Should you, your family, and/or your senior loved one decide that assisted living may be the best solution, we can help you there, too, with:
- One-to-one guidance to help understand and assess your family’s needs and answer your questions.
- Consultation to discuss the various care options that might be the best fit.
- Planning to create clear steps and goals to keep everyone on track. This will be your plan, unique to your situation, and we’ll help you manage it.
- Community or care home selection, identifying potential providers, scheduling tours, and accompanying you to each site. We’ll help with paperwork and moving arrangements, too.
- Ongoing support to ensure your expectations of care, comfort, and safety needs are being met.
The important thing to remember is that you do not need to go through this alone! Senior placement advisors are an important resource, meant to be accessed during a time when you may need it most.
To find out more about Senior Care Authority and our services, get in touch today!