Marcy Baskin, CSA, is a certified senior advisor and studied Patient Navigation at Sonoma State University. She then worked in a community clinic as a patient navigator and advocate. Marcy has focused much of her efforts on senior placement, eldercare management, and the impact on family members . She has assisted many families as a caregiver support group facilitator, eldercare manager and family coach. Marcy is also the author of a book called “Assisted Living: Questions I Wish I Had Asked.” She has also appeared on “The Aging Boomers” as an expert on assisted living. She is currently on the faculty of Sonoma State, teaching Health Navigation and Advocacy.
Marcy researches assisted living, residential care and memory care locations to provide families with the best options with the least amount of stress. In addition, she is a true advocate for her clients. Marcy provides additional services at your option which can include the following:
- Provide resources for services and technology to age at home.
- Visit with your loved one if you are caring for them from a long distance, and report back to you, assure they are getting the care they require, arrange for transportation, meal delivery, or anything else you would do yourself if you were close by.
- Help you decode your medical bills, learn what is covered and what is not, investigate denied claims.
- Facilitate communication among your medical providers to better understand a diagnosis, the treatment options presented and assist with discharge planning.
- Accompany you or your loved one to medical appointments.
- Help your family work through challenging care decisions.
- Begin or continue a conversation about end of life care, including hospice; provide the necessary forms to ensure all wishes are honored.
At Senior Care Authority, your Senior Care Advisor will assist you with the most appropriate options listed above based on your needs or your loved one’s needs. All of the options listed above with a hands-on-approach.
Proudly serving the following areas:
Counties: Marin, Sonoma, Napa, and Mendocino
- Belvedere Tiburon
- Bodega Bay
- Corte Madera
- Dillon Beach
- Forest Knolls
- Rohnert Park
- San Anselmo
- San Geronimo
- San Quentin
- San Rafael
- Stinson Beach
- The Sea Ranch
- Valley Ford
94901 , 94903 , 94904 , 94912 , 94913 , 94914 , 94915 , 94920 , 94922 , 94923 , 94924 , 94925 , 94926 , 94927 , 94928 , 94929 , 94930 , 94931 , 94933 , 94937 , 94938 , 94957 , 94960 , 94963 , 94964 , 94965 , 94966 , 94970 , 94971 , 94972 , 94973 , 94974 , 94975 , 94976 , 94977 , 94978 , 94979 , 94998 , 94999 , 95488 , 95490 , 95492 , 95494 , 95497
David Cronin has been involved in elder care institutional services for 47 years. He was born into the health care industry since both his parents were Registered Nurses, and they opened a highly regarded skilled nursing facility in Orinda, CA in 1967. David received his Hospital Administrator’s license and worked in that capacity until the facility was sold in 2014. Since that time he has been involved with Indeelift, a human floor lift, designed to pick people up off the floor and avoid injury after a fall.[read more...]
Cheryl Jones is the host of the radio show Good Grief. She is also a grief counselor, cancer educator and is Manager of Professional Education at the Women’s Cancer Resource Center (Oakland, CA), where she developed, manages and teaches in their Continuing Education program.[read more...]
Jennifer Harris and Jeremy Knopow each have over 20 years of design and consumer product experience. Inspired by the mobility needs of their parents to design and engineer a new device that would enhance the end user’s lifestyle, they are the founders of Motivo. motivolife.com[read more...]