Can Cannabis Help Seniors with Dementia, Depression, Arthritis, Cancer, Macular Degeneration and Asthma?
There are reports online suggesting that cannabis oil or “hemp” oil can cure cancer, diabetes, ulcers, arthritis, migraines, insomnia, infections, and many other diseases. Also, on livestrong.com, there is discussion that cannabis has been used for treatment of asthma.
My weekly radio show on ksvy.org helps to provide education to the "boomers" and their loved ones. I wanted to try to get to the bottom of this controversial subject matter. I asked an attorney and physician to be on my show to discuss the legal risks and medical benefits for seniors taking cannabis for medicinal use. Following are some of the questions I asked them:
* Are there proven cures or symptomatic relief?
* Can medical cannabis benefit those diagnosed with Dementia?
* What does the FDA say?
* Should each State take over the operation of cannabis distribution?
* What are the legal implications?
* Should cannabis be available just to seniors?
* Is it habit forming?
These questions and more are answered on "The Aging Boomers."